Saturday, November 7, 2009

Men in Black

I've seen this movie a hundred times (okay, 13). It's funny. The music video is corny. I'm starting to understand why Will Smith raps about black folks not thinking he's black enough. Maybe he did sell out a little bit to get White America to like him. It worked. I like him. I guess I'm part of White America. I watched this movie with my in-laws and my two boys (Cy 5, Bo 3). It was a little intense for them. A couple of kill images that I only noticed because they were sitting there. Makes you wonder how desensitized we really are. I loved the end when Tommy Lee Jones gets swallowed by the alien to get his gun. The boys were glued to the screen with that scary alien ready to kill the Fresh Prince. Then Agent K blasted him from the inside. Cy cheered, "yay!" It was awesome. Rachel and I couldn't stop laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment