Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Secret Life of Bees

Don't get me wrong. I got emotional. I didn't like the title. I thought the bee metaphor was a little forced. I didn't like seeing the actor who played the father's character (the same guy who played Geoffrey Chaucer in A Knight's Tale) play such a dirt bag. I love Alicia Keys, but thought she was trying too hard to be tough. We all need to be loved. The little girl thought she was unlovable, but she's not. This movie made me feel like a good dad. I've never made my kids kneel on grits. I can't believe the '60s were as bad they're portrayed in the movies. A bunch of whites beating up a black girl in public and nobody does anything? I know racism has changed over the last 40 years, but has humanity changed that much? Crap. We checked out The Soloist from the library, but Rachel didn't want to watch that.

No comments:

Post a Comment