Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

Holy crap. Haven't cried that hard in a while. It made me sad, but I was really happy during the movie as well. It made me happy to be part of a family. Even though I knew she was going to die, I was comforted. I don't want to say it was a spiritual experience, because it was just a freaking movie, but it was in the same neighborhood. I kept thinking about the power of art (namely film and literature). How it can help us understand that we aren't alone in the world. That other people go through stuff. We all deal with death. It's been a couple of days and my head still hurts a little. Man, it was just as bad as I Am Sam.

1 comment:

  1. The title sounds like a Girly kinda movie... something cheesy and lame
    But it doesnt sound like that at all now haha
    It sounds like this Movie really affected you
    made you think
    Thats what makes a great movie
    The one that gets your mind buzzing

    Ill have to check this out now :D
    im not a fan of Movies in general
    but if it made an impact on you
    its something worth watching




    -----------------
    P.S.
    I just barley saw the extra credit thing..
    I hope im not to late to get a point for it.. xD

    -Thomas Turek

    ReplyDelete