Sunday, July 25, 2010

Some Like It Hot

You may download a PDF of the script here.

Wow. That's a long script. Was the formatting different or is the movie really 2-and-a-half hours long?

It was more difficult to read than the first two scripts, mostly because it was longer- but also because there were a lot of characters to try and keep straight.

This felt more like a play than a movie. The jokes were flying. I actually laughed out loud a couple of times. I woke up my 6-month-old daughter. Pages 114-116 were hilarious.

JERRY
(beaming)
I'm engaged.

JOE
Congratulations. Who's the lucky
girl?

JERRY
I am.

I love Jerry's character. How he's so upset one moment, adamant that he'd never do that- and then the next moment he's smitten, playing the role of excited bride-to-be.

I borrowed the movie from my in-laws. I'm excited to watch it (after we watch Back to the Future tonight).

No comments:

Post a Comment